We like our opinions a great deal, but we think the site could use an infusion of fresh blood, perspectives, and ideas.
We debated accepting guest submissions for a while. Pros and cons were batted back and forth. In the end, we decided to do it.
In a perfect world, we’d be pay folks for their work. While that’s a possibility down the road, this site isn’t there yet.
The site does get a decent amount of web traffic. So while we can’t pay you, we can offer another platform for your content to be seen.
Since August 2014, the visitor count to amindonfire.com has increased every month. We’re not at theChive or Huffington Post numbers, but were close to breaking a thousand visitors a month. Those aren’t bad when a little more than a year ago we were on blogspot and no one knew we existed.
Again, we can’t pay you for content (yet), but we can help get your name in front of people who might otherwise not see you work.
If you’re interested in submitting, then here’s some basic guidelines:
- Use your real name.
- Don’t plagiarize.
- Use spell check.
- Don’t submit anything already published.
- Word count can be between 250 and 1000 words.
- No porn. No exceptions.
- Submissions should include at least one picture with proper attribution.
- Review the site to make sure your post fits with the rest. We tend to review books, movies, and TV shows, but you’re not confined to just reviews.
- Include a short bio and links to your website and/or two social media links. (Facebook,Twitter, G+, LinkedIn)
- Links to other websites will be manually reviewed for quality purposes.
If you’d like to submit a guest post, or have any questions, feel free to email email@example.com. Put “Admission to The Big Blue Box” in the subject line so we know you’re real. There’s only three of us so it may take a day to respond, but we will.
If you’re a self-published author, musician, filmmaker, or artist and have something you’d like us to review email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include some basic information about yourself and your project. Again, we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. Do not submit XXX material and do not submit reviews for your own projects.
We look forward to hearing from all of you.